Every once in a while, I have what I consider million dollar ideas. Generally, they are either not worthy of a million dollars or have already been done. My latest idea for burlap basket liners is definitely worth a million dollars (helllllo, it’s burlap we are talking about), but I am sure it has been done before.
The other day as I was strolling the aisles of Lowe’s, I happened upon the hanging planter baskets. Coconut basket liners are not expensive, but they aren’t cheap. In fact, the liners are almost the same price as the baskets themselves. It was then after holding a coconut liner in my hand for entirely too long (this is why my husband does not like to shop with me), I thought that a burlap basket liner would work perfectly.
What You’ll Need:
- Burlap— I got my burlap from burlapfabric.com– it’s a steal for 5 yards of burlap for less than $7. Seriously, I will not get burlap anywhere else. The prices are ridiculously good and the shipping is fast!
-Diapers (yup, diapers).
What You’ll Do:
- Place your hanging basket on the burlap.
- Cut a piece of burlap that is larger than the circumference of your basket.
- Place the burlap in the basket (like when you put a napkin in a bowl before putting snacks in)
- Put another piece of burlap in the basket (I just used some scraps) to help reinforce the liner.
- Cut two diapers in half.
-Place three of the halves (moisture absorbing side up) in the bottom of the basket.
It’s ready for your plants!