Last you’ve heard, we’ve made some progress in L’s room. With some of the more dire projects around the house out of the way (more on those later), I am finally ready to add some fun and color to that big empty wall above her dresser.
The plan is to add a mirror and fill the rest of the wall space with lots of bright art work that are inspired by L. I’ve started a collection of DIY pieces like this and this (more on those later), but I needed more. So I’ve been scavenging the Internet for unique and affordable prints to add to my collection. Then, I came across http://www.minted.com/art, a site that houses hundreds of art work from independent artists around the world. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for! I’m sharing a mood board of a few things in my shopping cart to give you a little preview of L’s gallery wall.
- This mirror is a front runner for the gallery wall. It’s the right size and and I love the shape. (PB Kids)
- This little sign is just the right amount of adorable and chic. And it can be personalized with L’s name. (Minted)
- L LOVES animals. I bet this will be her favorite thing on the wall. (Minted)
- L is quite the little gardener. Watering plants is one of her favorite activities. I like to think a bouquet in a watering can is kind of a classic art print. I like the cheery blossoms and personalized detail. (Minted)
- How cool is this map?! Talk about functional art! It makes a great gift too. (Minted)
- Simple yet pretty. Since the ikkat/boho/arrow trend is still going strong, I’m hopping on that bandwagon. (Minted)
- The curtains in my room growing up were of a very similar popsicle pattern. Nostalgia! (Minted)
- This gorgeous gold foil map is of Washington DC. A city we frequent often with L. Plus it’s always fun to add a little bling. (Minted)
I plan to keep all the frames in similar hues to give the gallery wall a more uniformed feel. I’m thinking either distressed/white washed oak or gold tones. Can’t wait to show you the finished product. Stay tuned!
Have you visited Minted.com? I seriously spent hours browsing.So many pretty things! Are you obsessed with gallery walls as much as I am? I’ve pinning gallery wall inspirations every waking minute.