The wonderfully creative ladies Becky and Glenna at My Paper Craze have nominated us for a Liebster Award!
What is a Liebster Award you ask? It’s an award given to up and coming blogs by fellow bloggers. The origin of the word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. What a great word! We are honored to be among the eleven nominees and are touched by this warm welcome to the blog community. We’ve been having so much fun this week making new friends and connecting with fellow bloggers. Thank you Becky and Glenna!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Share 11 random factors about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Ok so here goes…
11 random factors about us:
- True to our namesake, we all teach. Rona loves her calculus ( who just started singing, “u + me = us”?). Lisa holds it down in the Media Center. Grace has kids write good and stuff in English
- East coast babes: Lisa is from New York ( ask her to say “coffee”–it’s the cutest) Rona, the Jerz, and Grace, Maryland.
- Favorite colors: L: Green R: I love them all G: yellow. Sometimes green. Really, I don’t know!
- Favorite TV shows: L: Seinfeld R: Mad Men G: No clue!–not a tv show, I just don’t have one.
- Favorite home decor/DIY/craft magazine/book: L: Better Homes & Gardens R: Domino G: BHG, definitely! Love looking at their monthly covers!
- Favorite food: L: NY Pizza R: cheese and bread G: ??? It changes. Probably my most annoying quality is my total indecisive nature.
- If we weren’t teachers we would be…full time bloggers of course!
- Four eyes? Yep. We all rock the specs ( or contacts). Some more than others.
- We all live in townhouses that are distinctively different. Grace’s was built in the 50′s, Rona’s the 70’s, and Lisa’s early 2000′s.
- One time while we were all out to lunch, Lisa and Rona were mistaken for sisters.
- We agreed to start a blog via a group text conversation.
11 questions answered:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
For years, we have sat in the planning room in school (while grading copious papers and planning stellar lessons, obviously) brainstorming extracurricular ventures for ourselves. And then… almost three years ago… we started a monthly craft night. Then came the updates after the weekend where we would share with each other what we managed to change, transform, create, and beautify. Often seeking each other’s ideas, opinions, and advice on projects, we discovered our newest and most promising adventure: a blog.
2. Is blogging your obsession or your hobby?
We wouldn’t call it an obsession, but it’s more than a hobby. It is a fun project that the three of us can collaborate on, and we love getting the chance/excuse for more projects at home in the guise of our blog.
3. What is your greatest source of inspiration for your blog?
Things people do in everyday life to make their lives/homes a bit fuller.
4. Do you plan your posts in advance or are you a spur-of-the-moment blogger?
Advance- We are teachers, and therefore, big planners. Some of us really like lists.
5. If you could choose a blog-idol, who would it be?
Oh gosh. There are too many fabulous and beautiful Home DIY blogs from which to choose, and that is not a cop out!
6.What do you consider your biggest success so far as a blogger?
The fact that we had the confidence to actually create a blog and put it out there.
7. What has been your biggest obstacle?
Time and getting readers. Sometimes it is difficult to self-promote.
8. Is there anything you would change about your journey into blogging?
Because we have been tinkering around our houses and classrooms for years, we wish we would have started sooner. We could have documented a lot of projects (and failures) earlier.
9. Do you have any insight to share with those contemplating starting a blog?
Just do it. Do it for fun. Lisa and Grace are English teachers, so they enjoy the writing piece of the blog.
10. What is your favorite activity (or non-activity) to relax?
Lisa: Read or bake Grace: I never stop. Rona: Watch guilty-pleasure TV shows
11. What do you envision for your blog in 10 years?
Oh gosh, we would love it if we were relevant, respected, and enjoyed.
Drum roll please…Here are our nominees in no particular order. Please don’t be offended if you have more than 200 followers. We love your blog and would like to get to know you.
- Rachel B.@ Craving Some Creativity
- Camilla @ the MØ blog
- Sydney @ Secret Life of a Hot Mess
- Chrissy @ Muse of the Morning
- Jenn @ It’s a Jenn Thing
- Meg @ Revamp Homegoods
- Lauren @ Tutus and Tea Parties
- Leah @ the Reluctant Mommy
- Candice @ Fashionably Organized
- Susan @ Sweet Pea Creations
- Meagan @ Novelties and Trinkets
11 questions we want to ask:
- What’s your go to store for craft/DIY supplies?
- What is your favorite hardware finish?
- What is one craft/DIY tool you can’t live without?
- What is your most prized possession?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
- What’s the most difficult thing about blogging?
- How did you pick your blog name?
- What made you decide to create a blog?
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)
- What do you hope readers take away from your blog?
- Which blog star would you like to meet in person?
Can’t wait to see your answers nominees!