“Brown paper packages tied up with string; these are a few of my favorite things [party]!”
This year marks the 3rd year of my hometown besties’ Favorite Things Party. In its fledgling year, our gal, Gayle, suggested this party, and it was such a fun time that we declared it to be an annual/quarterly event (we haven’t gotten to the quarterly stages, but we always talk of it).
Before, I get ahead of myself, I better explain the deets on a Favorite Things Party. Or better yet, I will let the coordinator, Gayle, explain it:
“This is sort of a spin on a yankee swap. You bring the determined participant number of your favorite thing at a $5 value (or $10 or less). Let’s say you have 10 participants, then each person bring 10 of the same item (her favorite thing), and then everyone leaves with 10 different favorite things from everyone. It’s sorta like the Oprah favorite things episode but we aren’t talking cars and cashmere sweaters.”
Still not clear on the details of a Favorite Things Party? How about a list of what was given and some pictures?
2012 Favorite Things Party:
Each gal at our party left with the following:
- Homemade salsa in a cute Ikea jar with chips and a miniature of booze
- A assortment of delicious cookies from a local breadery
- A monogrammed hand towel.
- Two delicious and beautiful boxed Georgetown Cupcakes (GTCs!)
- Lip Balm and cocoa butter sticks.
2013 Favorite Things Party:
- Homemade truffles in a cute tin
- The ingredients and recipe for some delicious and healthy Quinoa Pumpkin Muffins and an original print (someone was healthy and artistic that year)
- A reusable tote filled with a wine glass, hershey hugs, and three hair ties
- Speculoos Butter (cookie butter) and chocolate coins from Belgium
- A Dark Chocolate Bar
- Homemade Organic Soap
- Organic Beeswax chapstick
- Eos Lip balm, Wet n Wild nail polish, and some creaseless hair ties (anthro inspired)
- Bath and Body Works Antibacterial Hand soap
- Two favorite pens, a little journal, and Instagram prints of Baltimore (this was cool because then I used the same company to print some of my Insta prints).
- Coasters and Gift Tags from Paper Source
2014 Favorite Things Party:
- A bottle of wine
- Another bottle of wine with all the ingredients to make mulled wine
- a Quest Protein Bar and a little cute glass jar of coconut oil
- a plastic mason jar cup filled with M&Ms
- A mulled spice candle
- a tea infuser with assorted loose teas to fill our empty tins
- Rose Salve Lip Balm
- Healing Crystals for our Chakras
My group of gals are not the only Favorite Things Party goers because my sister-in-law (remember her button tree on burlap, which she made that for a Craft Yankee Swap) and my cousin both attend/host their own Favorite Things Parties. Have you attended a Favorite Things Party? And if so, what favorite thing did you bring? I would love to hear the highlights of your Fave Things Party in the comments below!